The single most important task that Human Resources administrators perform is the hiring of staff. The teachers that we place in our classrooms each and every day influence student and school success. Those administrators who recognize the importance of this task will search to secure the best professionals to work with our children on a daily basis. The Illinois Association of School Personnel Administrators is the organization which can help you and your school district with this as well as many other personnel-related issues.
Please take advantage of the networking opportunities and professional resources IASPA has to offer.
IASPA members may log-in to the Members Only section of the site to access additional resources.
IASPA supports the newly developed Human Capital Leaders in Education (HCLE) Certification which is based on new professional standards developed by the American Association of School Personnel Administrators and Battelle for Kids. For detailed information access the following links:
Battelle for Kids www.battelleforkids.org
General Human Resources Information
- Department of Education, United States
- Department of Labor, United States
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Teachers’ Retirement System of Illinois (TRS)
- Illinois Municipal Retirement System (IMRF)
Other Related Professional Organizations National:
- Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP)
- National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP)
- The North American Association of Educational Negotiators (NAEN)
Other Human Resources Organizations:
- American Association of School Personnel Administrators (AASPA)
- American Association for Employment in Education (AAEE)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- llinois Association for Employment in Education (IAEE)
Regional HR Groups
There are a number of regional school HR groups that meet on a regular basis. You can find information about those groups here: Regional HR Groups